Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

You First

 Relationships aren't easy but they shouldn't be hard either. Connecting with people is all about learning the ups and downs, the good and the bad. that's what makes it real and everyone should know that.

I am 19 and engaged. I know, shocking and crazy of me to be so young and that tied down, but it's okay. In life you'll meet people who aren't meant for you or even mistakes, but it is up to you to move through life with discernment. I've had my share of guys who weren't shit or just weren't on my level of maturity and that is what drove me to leave them. We should stigmatize hook-up culture and let people live their lives as they wish if they're not hurting themselves, someone else, or endangering. 

I knew that I wanted to be married and have a family in my 20s. I didn't want to party or live life on the edge BUT my perspective changed as I got older. I still want all those things after I experience life without big responsibilities. My fiancee and I have similar views and when we met he didn't think like that but we learned each other. we grew through hardships as a unit not separate. 

Finding someone in this world to spend the rest of your life with is challenging. You may think some days, "why can't I find something that sticks? or "I don't know why they always disappoint me." I don't have all the answers but I can tell you this, regardless of what you look for in a person, you need to love and respect yourself first. If you had to date yourself, what things would you do? what would you want to say to yourself? What do dates look like? These things are important because the same way you treat yourself is how you want your partner too. 

If your partner can't match your drive and lifestyle, throw them away. Once you learn yourself, you start looking at weird behavior like "I would never do that to me" and you cut it off. That goes for all relationships too. family, friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, coworker, etc. Know yourself first queen then make moves. ♡

xoxo, Yahna Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment